Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Design/Coding Principal "KISS" : Keep it Simple Stupid

Today I am going to talk about KISS design principal, visit this wiki site for introduction.
I am  going to talk about it more from Real life experience in coding.

I had a junior developer in my team, he was given a task of writing a search operation in UI and I was surprised when i heard him talking about making a simple code look complicated just because he though writing it complicated way will give him some advantage over performance. But when we do something like this we forget that if we try to make something unrealistically complicated then it will make our unit testing tough, it will make maintenance of code tough and most important thing we hardly get any performance improvement.

so put it altogether we should follow KISS principal for following benefits
1) Makes unit testing simple
2) Helps in easy maintenance
3) Makes easy code review
4) Makes commenting easy


No comments:

Post a Comment